Jan 20, 2012

Isaiah 55


It was difficult for me to decide how to begin this blog.  I wanted a title that would inspire me throughout the year and keep me centered on my mission every time I sit down to write.  So I did what I always do when I need guidance, I opened up my Bible.  On the morning of January 13, the day of my departure, I closed my eyes and randomly opened to Isaiah 55.  These are the verses from which I have taken my title:

““For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are my ways higher than your ways, And my thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain comes down and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud.

That it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish what I please, and shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

For you shall go out with joy, and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees shall clap their hands.

Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.”

These verses assure me that just as God sends the rain and snow to earth to accomplish their purposes, He has also sent me for a specific purpose.  My greatest prayer is that I will live a life that accomplishes “the thing for which I was sent”.  My past has taught me that what is returned to me won’t be what I expected or desired, but I can be sure that it will be exactly what I need, because it is what God intended for me and with this knowledge, I know that in the end, I shall “be led back in peace”.