Mar 16, 2012

"So teach us to number our days..."

This has been a good and busy week.  The highlights were my chances to be involved in some local youth groups.  On Wednesday night, I gathered with some of my old friend from Haigazian University.  They meet on their own without any pastor just to go through different books of the Bible taking a chapter every week and trying to better understand through discussion.  This week we discussed 1 Timothy Chap 2. 

On Thursday, I attended a meeting for Intervarsity which previously, I didn't even know existed in Lebanon.  It is a campus ministry that stretches all across the U.S. and my friends told me about here.  It was great.

Tonight, I will give a presentation for my friend's youth group in the Armenian Evangelical church.  I have prepared a message based on Psalm 90: 12 which says "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."  I will speak about what it means to "number our days", to value them and appreciate our time by giving it to a specific purpose, that in all things we do, whether it is music, sports, teaching, we do it to the glory of God.  That each day gets its meaning through our mission to "gain a heart of wisdom".  For me, personally, this means that each day I must take steps closer to God, towards knowing His will for my life, trying to accomplish it and sharing the love of God with others. 

I invite everyone to reflect on their own lives...do you "number your days that you may gain a heart of wisdom"?  What does that mean to you?

I wish you all a blessed weekend!