Sep 24, 2013

Life in Yerevan is turning into Fall.  The past few days have been chilly but sunny.  My favorite weather.  Whenever I feel that kind of air I feel that I am in a familiar place.  I enjoy my long walks every day after work.  I started two new groups of classes last week.  One group of new students in the conversational English class.  It is a nice group and I am excited about it.  A couple of my new relatives have joined this class and a couple of my colleagues as well so that atmosphere is very close and friendly which will lead to good discussions!  The other group is made up of all my old students who wanted to continue to meet and practice English.  We made an English film club.  One week we will meet to watch a film and the next week discuss it.  Last week, for our first class, we watched "The Blind Side".  The students really liked it and I look forward to hearing their reflections this week.  As I learn more about being a good teacher, I enjoy it more.  It is a great blessing. Below you can see a photo with some of the members of my last group.  We went out to dinner on our last night of class.  I think that will become a tradition:)